1. Select a calm paint colour that makes you smile, I am asked at least 20 times a week what colour my room is (Smoky Green by Benjamin Moore).
2. Find neutral bed linens (be sure it is machine washable...especially if you have children/pets).
3. Add layers and textures to your space to create depth and interest, try to keep them neutral to maintain a cohesive and uncluttered look. I have kept mine all shades of white and off white using items such as a rug, blanket ladder, blankets, throw pillows, picture frames and accessories.
4. Using candles in the bedroom will not only create ambience, they can also relieve stress and help you to unwind. Be sure to select only the purest candle, ensuring that you are not releasing harmful toxins into the air. The signature candles from Driftwood Decor are carefully handmade with 100% organic soy wax, using all natural unbleached cotton wicks, and pure essential oils. These candles are available in a variety of scents sure to please everyone, however “Provence” blends of lavender and mint and “Peppermint” are my recommendations for the bedroom.
5. Flowers are another beautiful way to add a touch of nature to your space. Whatever blooms make you happy, those are the ones that you should buy. As the seasons change, you have the option to add a pop of colour for a touch of whimsy.
Finally, remember that trends will come and go, but when you decorate a room that is honest and true to you, it will never go out of style.
ABOUT DRIFTWOOD DECOR:
Driftwood Decor is an online Boutique that ships all across Canada and the USA. Products are always changing, so don’t forget to check back in frequently. They carry Canadian hand-poured 100% Organic Soy Wax candles that are scented with essential oils and use a cotton wick. They are completely natural and burn even and clean.
Sleepenvie is a Toronto-based online mattress-in-a-box and bedroom lifestyle brand that focuses on customization, convenience, and charitable contribution.
We make the mattress-buying process easy by delivering it directly to your door in one easy-to-handle compact box. We strongly believe in customizability, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. An easy one-minute quiz matches you to the ideal mattress for your lifestyle and sleep habits.
Check us out online at www.sleepenvie.com and on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest at @Sleepenvie. Sweet dreams!